Introduction to Resources
Have you ever wondered what resources are or how you can manage inventory on FareHarbor? To find the answers and more, join us for our Introduction to Resources webinar! This session will include the following:
- What resources are and how they work
- Key resources terminology
- Basics of utilizing and managing resources: timeline, manifest, bookings, max uses, overrides
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Resource overrides can be used to change a resource’s maximum uses for a specific day or timeframe.
For example, let’s say you have 30 bicycles available for rental, but 5 of your bicycles will be in the shop for repairs over the weekend. You can set up a resource override that temporarily changes the maximum uses of bicycles from 30 to 25 for the affected dates.
To create a resource override
- Go to the Items section of your Dashboard
- Select the Shared Resources tab
- Select the resource you want to create an override for
- For the date, you want to create an override, click the icon
- Enter the details of the override:
- Set the Time & Length: all day, time range, or day range
- Choose whether the override should repeat or not. If repeating, select which days of the week the override should repeat, and set an end date.
- Enter the new Maximum uses
- Optional: Include a note
- Click Create override
To learn more about how to create overrides, use this help page.
Yes! In some instances, you may need to make changes to the resource requirements for an item (such as removing a shuttle bus that’s out of service) and want to quickly update which resources are being used by an existing booking.
To reapply resource requirements:
- First, make your resource requirement changes. To do this, navigate to the resource requirement you want to update (learn more about finding your resource requirement here).
- Next, find and open the booking you want to update
- Open the Advanced menu next to Booking actions, and select Reapply resources
- Click the Reapply Resources button
For more information check out this help page for updating resources.
You have many options: you can keep track of resource uses from the Manifest or Bookings section of your Dashboard, as well as an individual availability. All have different uses so be sure to check out all these options to see which view is best for your needs. And of course, our team can help guide and give more detailed suggestions. Here is a great help page to get started.
When making a booking, you will be notified in the customer type dropdown when a selection will lead to overbooking the availability’s total capacity, customer type capacity, or resources. If you know you can still handle the overbooking the system will still allow you to proceed.
When not enough resources are available for the customer types you’ve selected, you will be shown an “Overusing resources” message in several different parts of the book form.
You can still complete a booking with these warnings, but we recommend making sure that you have enough resources for all bookings. If needed, you can create a resource override to increase the number of maximum uses for a resource.
When viewing the Bookings section of your Dashboard, availabilities with overused resources will include an “Overusing resources” message.
You can always add or edit resources from the Items tab in your Dashboard. Resources can be a little tricky to set up, so we recommend getting in touch with our Support Team if you have questions or want to make changes!