Managing Your Calendar & Availabilities
You spend a lot of time looking at your FareHarbor calendar – and we want to give you the tools to be efficient! Discover different tricks to use when viewing, updating, and creating your calendar. This session will include the following:
- Creating custom calendar views
- Creating availabilities
- How to use the availability updater to save time
- Tips for building out your calendar
Frequently Asked Questions
To add an availability you will need to go into the Item you want to create it for. It’s important to note that you will not be able to add availability from the Bookings tab.
- Go to the Items section of your Dashboard and select the item you’d like to add availabilities for.
- Go to the item’s Calendar (located under the Availability section).
Find the date you want your new availability to start and click the icon.
- Fill out the time and length, repeat settings, and total capacity, then click Next.
- Choose which customer types to add to the availability.
- Optional: Go to advanced options to set headlines, online booking status, and more.
- Once you’ve filled out all settings, click Create availability.
A notification at the bottom of the page will let you know how many new availabilities have been created. To learn more about each individual availability setting, click into the sections below.
For more detailed steps, check out this help page!
To do this we recommend using the availability updater. The updater allows you to make changes to multiple availabilities at once, across different items in your Dashboard.
Accessing the updater from the Bookings section:
- Go to the Bookings section of your Dashboard.
- From the toolbar, open the Advanced menu and select Update availabilities.
Once you’ve opened the updater, follow the three main steps outlined below to make your desired changes.
For detailed step-by-step instructions check out this help page!
Deleting an availability will remove it from your online and backend calendars, and cannot be undone. Before deleting an availability, all bookings on the availability must be either cancelled or rebooked.
To delete a single availability from your calendar:
- Click on the availability and select Open settings
- Click the Settings button (located under availability actions)
- Click Delete this availability
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm. Click OK.
Tip: To remove an availability from your online calendar but keep its existing bookings, change the availability’s online booking status to Closed & hidden. That way, the availability will be hidden from online customers but will remain visible in your Dashboard with all previously-made bookings.
Custom calendars can be viewed by all users on the Dashboard. Although all calendars are accessible, each user can have their own default calendar that appears for them when logged in.
To do this, go to the Settings tab, select Users & Permissions and select Edit next to the particular user for whom you want to set a default calendar. From there choose the Defaults tab and select which custom calendar will default for that user.
You can also reorder the custom calendars on the Bookings tab by selecting the icon with three lines next to the calendar and drag to reorder. If a user does not have a default custom calendar set up, the top calendar on the list will show when logged in. View this help page to learn more!